Want to get the most out of your cold email campaigns? Josh Braun is here to give you his tips on cold emails, prospecting, and great questions to ask your customers.
Josh Braun is the founder of Sales for Starters, which teaches you how to sell and prospect through cold email. He's also been Head of Business Development for Basecamp, where he's helped inform strategic partnerships, increased conversions, and interviewed customers.
Now Josh works at Animal Pharmaceuticals with his brother. He's also an avid guitar player and triathlete.
Josh and Liston discuss plenty of topics in this episode including:
- Josh's journey from kindergarten teacher into sales
- His outbound sales approach
- Josh's approach for putting together a hypothesis
- Why you need to talk to your customers
- How many touches it takes for someone to lean forward
- The best first question to ask during a sales process
- What are some external signals Josh tries to pick up to determine if it's the right time for a prospect to buy?
- What Josh thinks of scaling a sales approach to a large list
- How Josh landed a big 401k plan company and Vonage
Recommendations from Josh (and Liston) during this podcast episode include:
Get the Buyer Insights Email Course for free. Learn how to unearth your own buyer insights to more effectively sell and market in a way that's more customer-focused.